Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Favorite Chicken Nuggets-RECIPE

I decided it would be both a good idea & fun to post the different recipes that we try & give them my rating. That way anyone else who may be reading this & trying to go gluten free will have some tasty recipes to start with.

The first recipe that I tried was Favorite Chicken Nuggets from http://www.glutenfreely.com/ These nuggets were soo incredibly good. With my rating on the site it has 11 very positive ratings so far. My 16 month old immediately went "mmmm" when he had his first bite. My husband said "these are so good that you don't even really need bbq sauce". Of course once he was down to his last few nuggets he had to bust out the bbq sauce though :)

FAVORITE CHICKEN NUGGETS Gluten Free

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 32 min
Makes: 25 nuggets

3 cups Corn Chex cereal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon milk
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1x1-inch pieces

1. Heat oven to 400 F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Crush cereal (I recommend putting cereal in plastic ziplock bag & crushing with a rolling pin).

2. In medium bowl, stir together crushed cereal, cheese, salt, seasoned salt, paprika and garlic powder. In small bowl, stir together melted butter and milk. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then roll in cereal mixture to coat evenly. Place on cookie sheet.

3. Bake 9 minutes; turn nuggets over. Bake about 8 minutes longer or until coating is light golden brown and chicken is no longer pink in center.

Hopefully you didn't make the same mistake that I made when making these nuggets. I didn't actually read the whole recipe before I started trying to make it. I ended up pouring the melted butter into the breading mix. I panicked of course, got all upset & mad but my husband stayed calm. He stirred the mix up. Melted a bit more butter & finished it off with a little extra butter in the recipe haha. Good news is that even with my screw up they still tasted excellent!

Took pictures when I made them for my in-laws last night! See below! Hope you enjoy them as much as my family did!

 Getting ready to dip the nuggets
 Dipping into the liquid mixture
 Then into the breading
Once it's all covered good I place it on the tray
Ready for the oven
Turning them after the 1st timer went off

 Finished. Such a lovely golden color, makes me want to eat some right now!

We made a double batch last night since we were feeding 4 adults & a toddler. My in-laws were very impressed & thought they tasted great. They said they really enjoyed the crunch of these & preferred it over a softer, slightly mushy breading.

No comments:

Post a Comment