Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Month's Importance

As I said in my previous post introducing little Piglet, I woke up at 4am the morning he was born & I couldn't go back to sleep. As I lay there in bed thinking about the upcoming big event later that day I had some more thoughts & took the time to quickly jot them down in notepad on my phone.

Here are my 4am ramblings about the importance of October.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October has had increasing importance in our lives since Jon & I have been married. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th October after we were married marked another year of failure in our quest for a baby or even being pregnant by Jon's birthday. Each year he said he hoped that by his birthday the following year he'd be a daddy. After his birthday in 2007 he said he at least hoped that maybe I would be pregnant by his next birthday. When his birthday rolled around in 2008 we had no idea that we had finally succeeded. On October 27, 2008 we found out our miracle was finally on the way.

After Keegan's first birthday we started trying again. October 2010 was another failure but I started fertility drugs November 1st at the same time I found out I needed to go gluten free and now 10 days after Jon's birthday we're about to have our 2nd little miracle on October 20, 2011.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not too bad for a 4am rambling haha. At least I didn't randomly say, "I love butterflies & dogs" like I did early, early one morning a few days before Keegan was born haha. I totally blame the sleeping pill they gave me when they sent me home from Labor & Delivery a few hours before.

Now that I read it as I typed it on here I realized that it just goes to show you that if you believe, don't give up & just keep trying you can make your dreams come true. Things may not go exactly how you planned or expected, it may take some outside help & you may have to compromise a bit (I was SUPPOSED to have a boy & a girl haha) but it can happen.

We should all keep that in mind as we start a new year. I've got several goals in mind to hopefully complete by the end of this year & I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't go exactly according to plan but the journey will be fun & I'll be happy for any progress made because a little bit is better than nada!

No comments:

Post a Comment