Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emily's Favorite GF Pizza!

After trying out several different kinds of pre-made GF crusts & several different recipes to make my own, including Bob's Redmill Pizza Crust I came up with my favorite homemade pizza recipe.


EMILY'S FAVORITE GF PIZZA 

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 6 servings

1 1/3 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried basil
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs, beaten

Suggested Topping Quantities:
1/2 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
1 cup bite-size pieces favorite meat or vegetables
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)

1. Heat oven to 425 F. Grease 16-inch pizza pan. Stir Pamela's mix, Italian seasoning, water, oil and eggs until well combined; spread a thin layer across the pan. It's helpful to grease your spatula as well.
2. Bake 15-18 minutes (crust will appear cracked).
3. Spread pizza sauce over crust; top with meat & cheese.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. 

Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix





Mix your ingredients for the crust



Remember to grease your pan & spatula




Do your best to evenly spread the crust mixture across the pan. I've developed a technique where I start in the center & smooth out & around turning the pan often as I go.


Pop it in the oven until the crust starts to get a golden cracked look to it. 




Now it's time to put your sauce & other goodies on. Usually I use Contadina Pizza Sauce but we couldn't find it on our normal shopping trip so we picked up this Ragu sauce instead. I think it's a keeper.



I don't like a lot of sauce on my pizza so I usually only use half a jar/can. 

I prefer to buy a big block of Mozzarella cheese & shred my own but sometimes it's more convenient to go with the hubby's preferred choice & buy it pre-shredded. The last few times we've actually gone to Costco to buy a brick I haven't been able to find one so since we knew we were going to do pizza on our normal shopping trip we picked up the pre-shredded from WalMart.


The pieces are a bit thicker than I prefer so I tend to roll it around a lot to break it up into smaller pieces. That's just my crazy personal preference.
  
To try to make the most of my time I usually try to get all my topping prepared while the crust is baking in the oven. I like to put Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon & deli fresh salami (Prima Dela Genoa is our favorite) on the pizza. Unfortunately on our last trip they were out of the deli fresh salami so we had to buy the pre-packaged stuff.


My husband always thinks I'm strange with the way that I do things but I like to cut everything into smaller pieces before I spread it out on the pizza. The pepperoni is the only thing that stays normal size. Then I start spreading the toppings around as evenly as possible.

Once I've got all my toppings on it's time for another layer of cheese on top. 

Now comes the best part. Popping that masterpiece in the oven. Oh man, I think I have officially made myself hungry for pizza. Might have to raid the fridge & see if I've still got all the goodies to make one for dinner tonight.


So now that I've made myself hungry for pizza I hope you all enjoy the recipe & please let me know if you try it out & what you think. I do recommend that you probably eat it with a fork unless you cut your pieces thin enough because they do tend to break apart somewhat easily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment