Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Know I've Been Quiet

It just seems like I'm always busy doing something lately. Of course even as I write this I'm supposed to be doing something else but I remembered early today to swing by & put up a Wordless Wednesday post so figured I'd talk to everyone for a minute.

If you've been following along then you know that I've gotten into making jewelry and I've been doing vendor events. That on top of my kids & the rest of my life keeps me insanely busy. No one really ever comments on any of my posts here but I can see page views each day & it seems like quite a few people stop by & browse through my posts every day. So for now then I'm going to keep trying to stop by & put up some posts.

Another one of my exciting projects right now is that I finally gave in & decided to open an Etsy shop. I'm not sure if it's just that most of the people at the events I'm going to just aren't the right crowd, I'm not sure if the earrings aren't clear. I'm just really not sure what the deal is but since I started making the shell casing jewelry I keep finding more & more of it online. Etsy is actually full of it AND they some sell for a little more or in some cases A LOT more! I think this is insane but I actually found a shell casing charm bracelet (somewhat different style than what I've been planning to do) that sells for $135 and it actually sells. I looked at some of the vendors sells & they have sold a bunch of those bracelets.

So I thought well maybe it's just time to go online. I mean, I am living in California which is not the most gun friendly state. I did have someone walk by my table & comment on what a neat idea it was but then they "I don't want to encourage the kids" which just boggles my mind.

Who knew setting up an etsy shop was such a pain in the butt though! Ugh! I've been working on it for a few days & I haven't opened it yet because I've only gotten 3 items listed so far & they recommend you don't open until you have 8.

Which brings me back to what I'm supposed to be doing right now which is taking pictures of new stuff! Yay! I love new stuff!

I'll let everyone know once the shop is open so you all can take a look. I've had to raise my prices by a few dollars to cover the etsy fees but I'm still priced quite a bit below a lot of others who are making similar items.

Alright, back to work I go. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday & you know what? It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Ahoy Matey's Anchors Away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment